The Moretz Family

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

WOW! It has been REALLY long since I have updated by blog. But we are finally settled, I am about to start back to work, and I figured it was time to get my blog back on track. So here is a smattering of recent photos (well, over the past 4 months or so). They are not in chronological order, which is killing my OCD tendencies, but it would take a long time to straighten them out so I am opting to skip that step. Enjoy!

As most everyone knows, William and I finished our residencies June 30 (same day Emily was born). The photos below were taken at his "graduation" ceremony.
Here is the Moretz family - John and Mary Laura, Wm, me, and Mary and Dr. Moretz (Mimi and Bump). Don't I resemble a large pink cupcake??


This was taken at my neurology "graduation" - these are my child neurology friends - Nicole Brockway and Suzanne Strickland.


Here is our group - all the MCG Neurology residents.


This is my graduating class - Rahul Sonone, Suzanne, Mitzi Williams, and Abdelazim Sirelkhatim.


Now jump ahead a month - this is Emily's first doctor's appointment. A very healthy baby!


The kids at our new house. Henry is such a big help!!


Daddy learned quickly that being a stay-at-home Dad was exhausting!! He was more than ready to get back to work. He started practicing mid-August at ENT Associates of Savannah and loves it.


Here is Emily with her Great Grandmama, and namesake, Louise.


Now we're back to Wm's grad night - I love this photo of him with his sister, Mary Laura.


Henry has had an exciting summer! Here he is boating with Daddy on Hollis Murray's boat.



Emily is growing SO FAST! Here she is in all her glory. She LOVES bathtime.


Back to before we moved...
This is Uncle Markie with his new niece - trying to learn how to hold a baby before his own gets here (any day now!!).


I took this photo during Wm's graduation weekend - my parents were staying in a hotel and this is Grandpapa swimming with Henry (before Emily's arrival).



I hosted a baby shower for Mary here in our new house mid-August. We had a wonderful time!!
This is a photo of all the Angermeier/McNaughton/Moretz ladies.


My sister and me. SO EXCITED about having baby girls with only 4 months age difference!


The shower hostesses.


Random photo of Henry - what happens when I allow him to color with markers unsupervised.


We had lots of fun at the beach this summer.


Even Emily had a little fun in the sun!



We have lots of wildlife around our house.
Several little brown bunnies...


And this egret likes to hang around - driving Tillie crazy!


We also had fun at the Little Jumping Bean a few times. Henry LOVES the slide.


Emily enjoys practicing how to hold her head up with the Boppy pillow.



Wm and I were able to go to a UGA game this season - vs. Alabama. The good news was that we were able to visit Charles Mixon and have a great tailgate. The bad news was that the Dawgs were slaughtered, and Wm is an Alabama fan!! He took this photo - of the scoreboard...


More wildlife at home: a bass from our pond! Fun to catch, but not for eating!


Henry has lots of new friends in Savannah. Here he is at our house when the Slatinsky boys came to visit. Michael on the left, Philip on the right.


Henry is back in preschool. He is going to Wilmington Island Presbyterian (my church growing up). He goes Tues and Thurs from 9-12 and he seems to really enjoy it. I love the artwork he brings home. This is his first day!



Here he is with Brandon Witkow - having lunch after their lawnmower showdown.
Erin and Brandon were visiting earlier this month and came over for a visit.


Emily - and her big blue eyes!!


I went to Los Angeles recently over a long weekend. We had a "girls" trip and had a blast. We went to the Warner Brothers Studio for a tour - below is a photo on the Friends set. We also saw a Jay Leno taping and saw Wicked with a backstage tour afterward. Of course, we did a little shopping, too. And I have a new found love for PinkBerry yogurt. YUM!

Becky, Erin, me, Florence


Yay! Emily LOVES her new Bumbo seat!!


That's all for now. I will try to be better with keeping the blog updated. I start work in 5 days - and I am so excited. Emily is 3 months now and Henry is almost 2 1/2. Emily is starting to sleep better - almost through the night. I will miss being home with them, but I am going back to work part time so it shouldn't be too hard on us. I am ready for some more adult interaction, and I miss seeing patients. Well, time for me to do some laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home